To our customers,
As you may know, our business has been allowed to re-open as the COVID restrictions have been lifted in the state of North Carolina. We will be re-opening our business to clients on 7/12/21 following some of the recommended guidelines set forth by the AVMA and CDC. Please read on for our reopening information.
Accompanying your pet:
● One client will be allowed into the building to accompany their pet for an office visit or annual visit- We are currently still requiring all clients to wear masks in the building.
● Two clients will be allowed into the building if your appointment is for a euthinasia. We will still offer in-vehicle euthanasias when we are able, upon request. We are currently still requiring all clients to wear masks in the building.
● We encourage our customers to wash/sanitize your hands before and after coming into the clinic. For the safety of yourself and others we encourage you, stay at home if you are feeling sick.
The check-in process:
● When you arrive, park in a numbered space and call our office to let us know that you are here so we can go over your visit information.
● Please remain in your vehicle until we call you or retrieve you for your visit. When you enter the building, you will be directed to an exam room. Please escort your pet directly to your assigned exam room after they have been weighed and wait with your pet with the doors closed.
● When your visit is over, you will be directed to a staff member station to pay your bill! Please go directly from your exam room to the reception desk to do so and exit through the ‘exit only’ doorway.
To ensure employees and clients maintain distance, we intend to limit the number of customers in the clinic and will be not allowing customers to use shared common areas, such as the lobby or foyer (though our bathroom will remain accessible).We will continue curb-side and drop-off services for those who prefer this method of service. All product and prescription pick ups will be curbside only. We are still requiring 24 hours advance notice for rx refills and pickups.
New Policies for current clients:
Balsam Animal Hospital is committing to providing all of our patients with exceptional care. Due to the high demand for appointments, when a client cancels without giving advance notice, they prevent another patient from being seen. For this reason, Balsam Animal Hospital will implement a No Show Policy and as of July 12th, 2021, and it will be strictly enforced.
A “no-show” is a client who misses an appointment without notification or cancellation. A failure to present at the time of a scheduled appointment without 24 hour notification of cancelling will be recorded in a patient’s file. Clients who contact us to cancel their appointments 24 hours (or more) in advance will not be subject to these charges.
1. First time “no-shows” will accrue no penalty. Life happens and we understand that in the event of emergency or last minute changes you can forget to cancel your appointments.
2. Second occurrence “no-shows” will result in a $25 charge to your account.
3. Third occurrences will result in an additional $60 office visit charge placed on your account in addition to the $25 fee for your second missed visit.
4. Fourth “no-show” missed appointments will result in the client no longer being able to make appointments at our clinic for the year. Patients can still be seen, but they may only come in for call ahead drop-off appointments. Clients must pay the balance on their account in full, as well as a deposit for their drop-off appointment at the time of service.
5. Any consecutive missed appointments that occur after the 4th ”no-show” could potentially result in client dismissal from Balsam Animal Hospital.
We apologize for any inconvenience this policy may cause. We appreciate your understanding and support as we continually strive to provide the best care for your pets!
New Client Policy:
Due to the recent high demand for appointments, we are charging a deposit of $25 when your appointment is made in order to deter no-show clients. This deposit will go towards your balance for your first visit and is only refundable if your appointment is canceled 24 hours ahead of time. Your deposit will be kept as a penalty if you do not show up for your appointment without notification.
A Reminder When Making Your Appointments:
Due to the recent influx of business, we are currently experiencing a backlog of appointments. We are working to accommodate all of our patients and ask for your patience and understanding. We will continue to do our best to provide quality care to each and every animal. Providing the best possible care can occasionally cause us to run behind if an animal is more sick or injured than anticipated or if an emergency arises. Because of this, we strongly encourage all clients to schedule their appointments with their own schedules in mind.
If you have specific questions not addressed here, please feel free to call or email and we will do our best to answer!
We look forward to seeing you all again,
Balsam Animal Hospital Staff